Friday, October 06, 2006

Man who shoot off mouth, must expect to lose face....

SARCASM - The lowest form of wit ?


When Gandhi was asked what he thought of Western civilization, he said, "It would be nice." ~Author Unknown

If you can find something everyone agrees on, it's wrong. -- Mo Udall

Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. -- Mark Twain

Once a newspaper touches a story, the facts are lost forever, even to the protagonists. -- Norman Mailer

Advertising is a valuable economic factor because it is the cheapest way of selling goods, especially if they are worthless. -- Sinclair Lewis

Ninty percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad name. -- Henry Kissinger

Everyone has a right to a university degree in America, even if it's in Hamburger Technology. -- Clive James

We English are good at forgiving our enemies; it releases us from the obligation of liking our friends. -- P.D. James

Classical music is the kind we keep thinking will turn into a tune. -- Kin Hubbard

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious. -- Brendan Gill

Perhaps, after all, America never has been discovered. I myself would say that it merely had been detected. -- Oscar Wilde

The old system of having a baby was much better than the new system, the old system being characterized by the fact that the man didn't have to watch. -- Dave Barry

3 comments:

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi Confucious,

As a matter of fact, I think sarcasm is the highest form of wit. It often feels like a hardy protective shield for vulnerability.
I have a few good ones of my own.

Enjoyable post!

Confucious Trevaskis said...

Heartily agree susan, I employ it regularly.....are we going to see some of yours?

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Ok, I'll try to recall some of my own acidic lines and write them up for you in the next few days!

cheers