Sunday, October 29, 2006

a Shotgun wedding is a case of wife or death..........

STOLEN RIDDLE


I saw this on another blog, which I won't name for fear of spoiling your "fun".........
(Apologies if you've all seen/heard this before)




There are two angels guarding the entrances to Heaven and Hell. The one guarding Heaven always tells the truth and the one guarding hell always lies.

When you die, you are allowed to ask one question only to determine which entrance leads to Heaven.

The angels do not stand in front of the same entrance all the time as they often switch places.

How do you tell which entrance leads to Heaven...or Hell if that's your preference................... ?

GO ON HAVE A GO............................


Apparently this riddle is based on Bolean Logic, which is the basis for computing.

I did start looking it up, but it's maths so I sort of drifted off........and can't remember if I learnt anything or not......................................

13 comments:

Confucious Trevaskis said...

Just wondered if anyone noticed the gaenocologists coach trip on my post on the 26th?

Anonymous said...

I missed it! And I've also blanked on this one, Confucius. I hope you'll be posting an answer.

Anonymous said...

Is this it? You ask any one "Have you ever stood outside the other entrance?"

The liar will say No, the truthful one will say Yes

But then they often switch places - but also that they also guard the same entrance, does this mean the entrances are . . . brain is blubber . . .

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi Confucious,
If I could be treated to shock that my sanity be returned immediately that my exuberance be revived and that the dead be ressurected, hey, I think your blog would do the trick!

"and can't remember if I learnt anything or not......................................"
Ha-Ha!

Confucious & Skint, thank you both for the confusion...

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a scene in the film Labyrinth, starring David Bowie. It confused me then and it still confuses me now. Got to go now, my brain just went into critical overload.

Saaleha said...

You know, I have four children. MY brain has been reduced to very runny porridge by this, my fifth baby. And now you fling Maths at me! HOw could you. And I though Confucious could be relied upon to only ever entertain me with something funny, light and frivolous. You've let me down CT!

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Confucious is a dear. He is, he is.

Debi said...

A dear what?

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Hi Debi,
To me...
a dear & witty acquaintance, encouraging of my clumsy writing.

Confucious Trevaskis said...

skint your on the right lines...but not quite there...can't believ the rest of you gave up so easily.......like I did when I read it.....

I'll post the answer Friday!
If you get it before then.....buy yourself a mars bar!!
and collect £200 for passing go!

Confucious Trevaskis said...

Thank you Susan!

Debi, I'm sure minx has given you the real answer to that!

Steve, braian frazzle is the object of the exercise!!

Saleeha...normal service will be resumed shortly..........

Debi said...

Ah yes. A dear dear deary deary me ...

Where's the bloody answer then?

Confucious Trevaskis said...

Patience my dear Debi, patience......