Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands......


Listening to the radio on Halloween, whilst driving back from a football match, I was dismayed to hear the negativity surrounding this event


Apparently, it has become an excuse for some youths to inflict abuse and criminal damage.

Police forces even increased the amount of officers on duty to cope with the rise in criminal damage and harassment.


Teenagers have apparently been causing damage to property as a "trick", when they are not given a treat. Although what sort of treat they might want, is another issue - a bottle of cider, some drugs,10 quid? Who knows.


Damage in the past has included, smashing windows, throwing eggs and flower, vandalising cars and writing coarse graffitti.


I can't say that I've ever really been into "trick or treating" in a big way - I'm not sure it was even around when I was a lad (many full moons ago).


However. it's a real shame , that once again, a mindless minority are ruining what ought to be a bit of harmless fun for children...........and that should be children!


So I just wanted to say GROW UP DIPSTICKS!


Made me feel better anyway.............................................

8 comments:

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Very sorry to read about all this, Confucious.
I remember after his re-election that Blair had said he wanted to seriously curb anti-social behaviour amongst youths.
But then...

Unknown said...

Halloween wasn't ever an event when I was a chick fresh from the egg. It seems to me to be a commercial import from the other side of the duck pond and an opportunity for retailers to get rich, kids to eat too many sweets, and bigger kids to behave like louts.
Ah yes, that human condition again.
And to the kid who chucked a nasty mess of cola at my gate because I didn't open the door. Granny's gonna get you!

pundy said...

Yeah, no question stories like this are depressing and upsetting. You have to hope that it's a small - and not growing - mindless minority. Certainly, I still believe that the vast majority of teenagers are kind, caring and considerate and will probably grow into better adults than we have proved to be. But that kind of story isn't newsworthy and doesn't sell papers.

Scaring the shit out of people does. In this case I'm referring to the journalists, not the trick-or-treaters.

Anonymous said...

I will agree with your sentiment: Grow up dipsticks. The only problem is that if they do, there will probably be plenty of more dipsticks to fill their shoes.

Debi said...

Right on, Pundy!

Though I have to say ... throwing eggs and FLOWER? Is that what they do in Cornwall? A quaint hippy custom maybe?

Anonymous said...

Hey Confucious,

Here's a link for you. I think you will like it.
href="http://www.shaveeverywhere.co.uk/">http://www.shaveeverywhere.co.uk/

Confucious Trevaskis said...

Have you got a problem with flowers then Debi?

Bloody townies...................

Confucious Trevaskis said...

Yeah, like that steve..................might even give it a go...