Wednesday, October 11, 2006

OK for shit to happen - will decompose ..........


A CAUTIONARY CORNISH TALE


A rich city lawyer went duck hunting in Cornwall.
He shot a bird, but it fell into a farmer's field on the
other side of a fence.

As the lawyer was climbing over the fence, an old
farmer drove up on his tractor and asked him what he was doing.

The lawyer responded, "I shot a duck and it fell in
this field and now I m going to retrieve it."

"This is my land, and you're not coming over here my lover." said the old farmer

The indignant lawyer said, "I,ll have you know I'm one of the best trial
lawyers in the the world and if you don't let me get that duck, I'll
sue you and take everything you own.

The old farmer smiled and said, "Looks like you don't
know how we settle disputes in Cornwall.
We don't go to court, we use The Three Kick Rule. "

"What's the 'Three Kick Rule'?" asked the lawyer.

"Well, because the dispute happened on my land,
I kick you three times and then you kick me three times
and so on until someone gives up."

The lawyer thought about it and decided that he could easily take the old codger.

So, he agreed to abide by the local custom.

The old farmer slowly climbed down from his tractor and
walked up to the lawyer.

With his first kick, he planted the toe of his heavy work boot into the
lawyer's groin and dropped him to his knees.

His second kick to the midriff, brought up the lawyers dinner.

The farmer's third kick to his rear, sent him sprawling into a fresh cow pat.

The lawyer summoned every bit of his will power and managed to
stagger shakily to his feet.

Wiping his face with the arm of his jacket and pointing his finger, he said,
"Okay, old man,..Now it s my turn!"

The old farmer smiled, shook his head and said,

"Nah, sod it, you can keep the duck!"




7 comments:

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Oh...Confucious...not that chocolate thing
AGAAAAIN!

Ok, I admit I did succumb to a good chuckle.

Anonymous said...

Cunning, cunning, cunning. Do you think you could line up a date with the old Cornish Farmer and Granny Were? I figure they'd get along just fine! (Besides, it would take the old bird off my hands and make her Cornwall's problem...)

You have to love it when someone gets the upper kick with a shyster.

Confucious Trevaskis said...

Remember Susan, I live in the land of the lowest common denominator....

They sound like they were made for eachother Miss Hen.........but I'm sure she'd rather stay with you....

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

Now if that isn't an excuse, Confucious...

Debi said...

You've cheated! Minx has already posted this. Don't think you can get away with this kind of thing by justifying it as recycling ...

I'm on to you, mate!

Confucious Trevaskis said...

Male perogative Susan....


I've cheated Debi?

Mmmm...methinks someone hath plundered mine inbox

- what treacherous knave would thus behave........

a new password shall I make and save!!

Anonymous said...

Look, you talk to the old Cornish bloke and I'll talk to Granny - I could do with the break, you know.