Sunday, January 21, 2007

AHOY THERE CITY SLICKERS !

Quite often I forget what a lovely place Cornwall is to live in..... every now and then though, something happens to remind me.

This time, it was a short stay at The Lands End Hotel, which sits on the edge of the cliffs at Lands End.............

And like that annoying friend who invites you round after their holiday..........I'm going to show you my pics.............

So, I hope you're jealous that we live here and you don't.................!

This was the view, when we arrived yesterday afternoon............



And the view from the room....Mmmmmmm.........



And the view over the patio at breakfast.............looks like you could just walk into the sea doesn't it...........but be warned, there's a hundred foot drop..............................

And some nice coastal pics from just outside the hotel...........

Last, but not least..........the view from the car as we left..........those crashing waves are about 30 feet high by the way!

And yes....it was very bloody windy!

If you're really good, I'll post some more of these sometime..............

I love it here!

Poor, poor city dwellers!

But never mind....you can get a daily slice of Cornwall here

...if you want to see just how lucky I am....I so love feeling smug.............

7 comments:

concerned citizen said...

well, that's almost as pretty as the Oregon coast where I live. :) We have a wild & rocky shore line, also. I'll have to take some pictures for you.

Kidding aside, It really is quite nice. I esp. love the 4th picture.

Anonymous said...

Nice Pics Confucious. You'll get no arguments from me. I visited Cornwall last year and found it very scenic and refreshing.

I drove down as far as Lands End. I seem to remember seeing some rather unusual stone carvings near the road.

By the way, I have just noticed that you are now a confusedas. Is this a recent change or was I just half asleep when I visited before?

Suzan Abrams, email: suzanabrams@live.co.uk said...

I think you are more blessed then lucky, Confucious.
I anticipate that someday in the future if I ever got a place in the outdoors, it would have to be by the sea.
I have missed you.
You are a steady, soothing presence in the blog world.
I am jealous, yes. But happily jealous if there ever is such a word. :-)
And beautiful pictures too.

Debi said...

Mission accomplished, Confy. Whole extended family and friends and pets and general hangers-on are packing as I speak and coming to stay at your place.

Unknown said...

Of course what you want is to live in a city that has the same sort of views - and mountains too - she said smugly.
;-)
Now, when can I come for a visit?

Saaleha said...

Well good for you Big C. Will get some of the Confucion out of your mind.

Confucious Trevaskis said...

Hi L>T...rocky pics would be good...just looked you up....didn't realise you were a northener.........

Hi Steve....no you weren't asleep....it's a recent change - and state of mind......

Thank you Susan....perhaps it's the sea that does it......although ai'm inclined to think it's just my laziness, whick is disguised as "being laid back".....

Well Debi......a little witchy tells me..........

No the city Atyllah.........just the views please.........

It may Saaleha....but don't get your hopes up...........